MedSleep is a leader in conducting research and clinical trials with the goal of advancing the treatment options in sleep medicine.
Our clinical trials are conducted in compliance with International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH)-Good Clinical Practice (GCP), regulatory guidance and standard operating procedures.
Our highly skilled staff includes clinical research coordinators, a patient recruitment specialist and board registered polysomnographic technologists.
In addition, we have a full-time medical director/principal investigator and more than 20 consulting physicians with specialties in sleep medicine, psychiatry, psychology, neurology, respirology and internal medicine.
MedSleep clinical research has the following advantages:
- Expertise in Phase 2 to 4 clinical trials including proof of concept clinical trial
- Health Canada inspected facility – assessed as fully compliant
- Database with over 12,000 patients
- Multiple locations across Canada and headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, one of the world’s most diverse populations
- Total of 48 state-of-the-art modern polysomnography beds (6 in Toronto, 6 in Thornhill, 6 in Etobicoke, 9 in Kingston, 6 in Niagara, 6 in Nanaimo, 3 in Calgary, 3 in Edmonton and 3 in Halifax)
- Experience in conducting clinical trials in partnership with hospitals, clinical research organizations and for major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Strategic partnerships with a central laboratory and pulmonary clinic
- Experience in central and local research ethics board submissions
For more information, contact us at [email protected].
Do You Qualify?
You may qualify to participate in any of our clinical research studies if you meet the study criteria.
We are currently seeking volunteers who may be interested in participating in a clinical trial involving an investigational medication (a medication that is being tested).
To qualify, you must:
- You are male or female ≥ 18 years of age
- Have problems falling and staying asleep for at least the past 3 months
- Do not regularly nap throughout the day
- Have no significant medical illness, mental illness or cognitive impairment
- Not be pregnant, nursing or lactating
- No history of substance use
- Must not be a shift worker
- Not participated in a clinical study in the past 3 months
- Willing to comply with all aspects of the study visits and requirements with 12 clinic visits over a period of 3 months
Narcolepsy (with/without cataplexy)
We are currently seeking Narcolepsy volunteers who may be interested in participating in a clinical trial involving an investigational medication (a medication that is being tested).
To qualify for our Narcolepsy study:
- You are a male or female between the ages of 18 and 65
- You have Excessive Daytime Sleepiness that is associated with Narcolepsy
- You have no significant medical illness, mental illness or cognitive impairment
- You are not and planning to not be pregnant, nursing or lactating during the study
- You have no history of substance use or abuse
- You must not be a shift worker
- You must abstain from driving or operating heavy machinery during the study
- You are not using a CPAP machine
- You have not participated in a clinical study in the past 2 month (60 days)
- You are willing to comply with all aspects of the study visits and requirements with 9+ in-person clinic visits over a period of approximately 3 months
If you qualify for any of these clinical studies, you may receive the following:
- Complete sleep and/or medical evaluation (including routine blood tests and comprehensive physical examination)
- Study medication and all study-related tests at no cost
- Compensation may be provided for your time and/or travel
Call or email us so we can discuss further whether you would be eligible for any of the clinical trials.
Please note that if you do not qualify for a research study at this time, you can still enter your information to be included in our database to be contacted for any future research trials for which you may qualify.ac
Research Trial Application
Please complete the form below and click the Submit button if you would like to be put on a list to be contacted when the next trial begins.