MedSleep is committed to providing the highest quality sleep medicine services for our patients and corporate clients.
Attention to Patient Needs
Our services include:
- Clinical consultation and management for the full spectrum of sleep disorders
- Diagnostic sleep testing:
- Full polysomnography (performed in the sleep clinic)
- Portable (in-home) sleep monitoring
- Insomnia cognitive behavioural group and individual therapy
- Independent medical evaluations (IME):
- Comprehensive evaluation of employee shift-work, fatigue and/or sleep complaints
- Corporate fatigue-management solutions
- Clinical research trials
- Sleep medicine education
Corporate Fatigue-Management Solutions
Implementing fatigue-management solutions can bring the following benefits to your organization:
- Reduce absenteeism
- Reduce accidents
- Reduce liability
- Improve work productivity
- Enhance employee quality of life
MedSleep provides a company-wide preventative sleep-management program with the following elements:
- Education of employees about optimal sleep practices
- Pre-screening for employees in high risk positions (i.e., drivers, machine operators)
- Ongoing screening program for early detection of sleep disorders
- Access to rapid diagnosis and treatment by sleep medicine experts
- Follow-up company-wide outcome measures
Ask us how we can tailor fatigue-management solutions to your organization.
MedSleep is committed to advancing the field of Sleep Medicine through education. The focus is threefold – educating physicians, sleep technologists and the community.
We offer a Sleep Medicine Fellowship program for physicians seeking to practice sleep medicine. Sleep Medicine electives for medical students, fellows and residents are also offered.
At our Toronto site, we offer training for eligible participants interested in pursuing a career as a Sleep Technologist. Our Toronto site was one of the first sleep clinics in Canada to have its training program recognized as an “A-STEP equivalent” program. The Toronto Sleep Institute curriculum has been designated by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) as an alternate education pathway for purposes of establishing Pathway 1 eligibility to take the Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) exam.
For the community, we have highly experienced and knowledgeable staff that can conduct health talks in a variety of community settings including companies aimed at employee health and wellness, senior groups, student groups, and various self-help groups.
Sleep Education Resources
The Canadian Sleep Society
Information on everything from sleep disorders to sleep clinic listings across the country.
The American National Sleep Foundation
A great overview of the various components to do with sleep.
Information on a variety of sleep disorders and forums for discussion.
Restless Legs Syndrome
Medical and scientific information, support groups and more detailed information on the syndrome.
The Stanford Center for Narcolepsy
Includes the history of narcolepsy, medications, research information and more.
A site devoted to all issues regarding sleep - includes disorders, treatments and topics relating to sleep.